Today we have an interesting and rather mysterious artist from Croatia under name – Pyero. He just dropped for Scream & Shout Recordings a massive bigroom tune called “Ole” that features some serious breakdown synths with a little touch of latin “Ole” vocals. His production is really great and the style of his debut tune can be compared to those that do Axwell, Avicii, SHM, Nicky Romero, John Dahlback and others. Who is Pyero and what are his future goals are something that we will reveal in next few sentences, so sip some drink and enjoy reading!
^1 Hello Pyero, we are glad that we have you here in “Who is…” section – you are a true surprise for us since we closely follow Balkan scene. Can you introduce yourself a bit to our readers and tell us what your music background is?
- In Croatia it`s common to sing and party together a lot. Since I was a little boy I was surrounded day by day with a lot of singing, instruments and music. Later on I started learning how to play the piano for a few years, but to be honest, I never became the best piano player, but it still gave me a basic feeling for compositions and harmonies. I got in contact with electronic music a couple of years ago, when I made my first club experiences and started to listen to radio shows from guys like Roger Sanchez and Pete Tong. I was so thrilled by the energy this music delivered that I started to record the tracks week by week. One day a friend who was also interested in electronic music came up with a program which allows you to build your own beats. I was so excited about the possibilities that I started to sample beats out of the radio shows. This might sound crazy today, but it gave me a good understanding in constructing beats and sounds. When I finished school, I started several side jobs, but I never lost passion to music and always kept building my sounds! If I wouldn’t have spend all that time and sweat into this thing, my music would never sound like it does today! After a while I met a lot of other people who were also involved in the music scene. One of these people gave me the possibility to dj in a small club.
^2 What or who influenced you the most to make tune like “Ole” and what are you preparing for us in future?
– I tried to combine sunny Ibiza vibes with current progressive elements. I also spent a lot of time creating an enthusiastic feeling that you can experience on festivals in the summer.
I am currently working out some ideas, but I am not sure which one will be next. All I can say, is that you will be the first one to know!
^3 Can you tell us, what is the best advice that you can give to young producers and DJs?
– Keep on going! Never lose your focus, if you want to reach something you believe in, you will achieve. It`s important to focus on yourself, without looking too much at what’s going on to your left or your right, concerning what others are doing.
^4 What are you top 5 tunes at the moment?
– Pyero – Olé (Original Mix)
– Deniz Koyu – Bong (Original Mix)
– Bobby Burns – Next (Original Mix)
– Wolfgang Gartner – Flexx (Original Mix)
– Hardwell – Three Triangles (Original Club Mix)
^5 What is your attitude towards blogs that post music freely? What are the bad and the good sides of that?
– This is very tricky. On one side, these blogs are able to push the music by their free offering, but on the other side there is the fact, that the artists have to work hard to earn their money with the music they create. In my opinion the blogs should focus more on upcoming releases and promote them. In return the artist could share those postings on their social networks for mutual support.
^6 If you could collaborate with any house or non-house artist which one would it be?
– I could imagine having a cool collaboration with a house vocalist in the near future. But for the moment I am mostly focusing on pure electronic music.
^7 Thank Pyero for your time – any last shout outs for people who follow the scene or maybe friends/family?
– Thanks to all supporters of my first single release “Olé”, the follow up is going to be even bigger!
Pyero – Ole will be released on Scream & Shout Rec. on July 23th! Big thanks to Sarah from Scream & Shout Rec. for making this interview happen!